Northwick is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Northwick may amend this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page to ensure that you are viewing the latest version. This policy is effective from May 2018.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
* name and title
* contact information including email address and telephone number
* demographic information such as address and postcode
* general details about your site relevant to the welfare and safety for our staff who may visit
* Other information relevant to what equipment you may own, its condition and how it is kept and used. We record the make, model and serial number of any machines that you ask us to help you with during the diagnostic, repair or servicing of your equipment. We also keep records of any work undertaken or quoted on your equipment.
* photographs and/or movies of your equipment at your premises
* records of verbal conversations in the form of digital recordings and/or summarised notes
What are the legal grounds for our processing of your personal data?
Data Protections Laws requires us to explain what legal grounds justify our processing of your personal data (this includes sharing it with other organisations). There may be more than one legal ground that may be relevant to us:
1. In order for us to perform our contract and services with you or during any initial contact prior to entering into any agreed work:
o In verifying your name, address & contact details
o In administering and managing the service that we provide and in updating our records;
2. Where we consider that it is appropriate for us to do so, processing necessary for the following legitimate interests, which apply to us, and in some cases, other organisations (as listed below), such as:
* To enable us to perform the work that you have asked us to undertake on your behalf;
* In order to quote and organise visits at your request we may contact you by text, phone, email or post;
* To enable us to complete our work safely and in accordance with your instructions
* For us to make recommendations and offer advice to you
o We sometimes need to share your name and address with the manufacturer of your machine but we do not pass on your data to anyone else. If your brand of equipment is manufactured outside of the EU then we will need to pass on this information outside of the EU direct with the OEM of your equipment.
* To improve our products and services.
* If you have given us permission to do so, to promote our services and products in the form of service reminders, promotional emails, special offers or other relevant information which we think you may find helpful.
* To process credit card payments in order to secure your visit or order. We protect your card details by:
o Turning off the voice recording on our telephone system;
o Keeping the credit card stubs in a locked safe as soon as they come off the machine and destroying them responsibly by shredding them once the retention period has passed;
o Wherever possible entering your credit card details straight into the credit card machine;
o Asking you not to send us your credit card details electronically;
* Our provider for payments via the website and for monthly service plan customers is Global Payments who are fully compliant to all GDPR standards. There is a choice for customers to set up a monthly standing order via their own bank, in which case it will be their responsibility to cancel the standing order if they no longer wish to be covered by the service plans. Once entered onto Global Payments, we are no longer able to see your full card details. We will delete any credit cards stored for monthly service plan payments within 14 working days of a request by you to do so. Any paper copies of the service plan form will have your credit card details removed and shredded as soon so we have entered them onto the payments system.
3. In the compliance by us against our legal obligations:
o For compliance with laws that apply to us;
o For establishment, defence and enforcement of our legal rights;
o For activities relating to the prevention, detection and investigation of crime;
o To carry out monitoring and for keeping records;
o To deal with requests from you to exercise your rights under Data Protection Laws
How we can share your data
There will be times when we need to share your personal data with third parties. We will only disclose your personal data to:
* The organisation who referred or introduced you to us (normally the organisation through which a warranty claim has been approved);
* Our legal and other professional advisers, auditors and actuaries;
* Other organisations and businesses who provide services to us in the running of our business such as backup and server hosting providers, accountancy & IT software and maintenance providers, document storage providers and suppliers of other back office functions;
* Suppliers who help in the costing and provision of parts for your machines;
* Regulators, law enforcement bodies, government agencies, courts or other third parties where we think it’s necessary to comply with applicable laws or regulations, or to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights. Where possible and appropriate, we will notify you of this type of disclosure;
* Buyers and their professional representatives or agents in connection with an actual or proposed purchase, merger or acquisition of any part of our business;
* other people where we have your consent.
How long do we retain your Personal Data?
We keep our Retention Policy on personal data under regular review to ensure we keep in line with our legal, regulatory & record keeping obligations.
Once you have registered an initial interest in our products or services, we will cease contacting you after a period of 18 months unless you ask us to continue to contact you with details of our products and services at Http://www.northwickassociates.co.uk/main/12-month-service-reminder/ . Once a visit has taken place and/or a financial transaction has been exchanged between you and us, then we will retain that information for a period in line with our legal obligations. You can contact us at any time by asking to be removed from future activities by contacting us at https://northwickassociates.co.uk/main/unsubscribe/.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. In the event of a breach, we will notify you within 7 days.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which web pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis of our website traffic.
Our website will automatically ask you to accept a cookie when you first visit. If you accept, a small data file will be stored on your device. The cookie in no way gives us access to your device or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can change cookie settings via your browser at any time.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over the other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
We have a legal obligation to keep some of your personal data and as such this is not based on having your consent to do so.
However, you do have the right to take back your consent with respect to future activities and data processing. You can do this at any time by letting us know at https://northwickassociates.co.uk/main/unsubscribe/. If you want us to update your contact data then let us know by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling us on 01386 555 630 and asking to speak to the data controller.
Your rights under the Data Protection Law are:
* The right to be informed through our Privacy Notice about how we process your personal data;
* The right of access to request a copy of any personal data that we hold within 72 hours;
* The right that any information we hold is rectified within one month of any requests for change, if the data is inaccurate or incomplete;
* The right to restrict processing of your personal data;
* The right to data portability;
* The right to object to your data being processed
* Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling. Our other Terms and Conditions can be found at https://northwickassociates.co.uk/main/terms-and-conditions/.
Version 3 24.5.15