Defibrillator & AED Testing and Inspection
from £60+ VAT
(Plus onsite call out charge if required)
AED Defibrillator Test and Inspection
If you are responsible for looking after a AED, you’ll want to know whether it is currently fully operational and when any maintenance is required so as to be sure that it is always fit for use. This is where we can help!
Northwick’s AED Defibrillator test and inspection provides you with:
- A full inspection and fault diagnosis
- A dynamic test using simulated arrhythmia waveforms (where applicable)
- Shock test and measurement of actual discharged energy
- An inspection certificate
- Due date for the next inspection
- Advice on how to do your own daily checks
- Product familiarisation so that you are confident in handling it and using it!
AED’s and Defibrillators require regular inspection to avoid problems that can inhibit operation at a critical moment. Status indicators must be checked and batteries and electrode pads must be changed periodically. Whilst many devices will “self-check”, there is no way to independently verify that your device is being properly looked after and that it is fully functioning and is capable of recognising and delivering a shock with sufficient energy unless you have it professionally tested.
Northwick’s test and inspection service involves specialist test equipment that puts your AED through a simulated cardiac event and checks that your device will correctly recognise heart arrhythmia patterns, respond and shock when required.
This is an ideal way to begin your AED maintenance regime especially if you are not an expert and don’t know the exact condition of your device. There is no long term contract to worry about, no hidden charges and no need to send us your device. Simply use the links below to book an engineer or ask an expert.
For an onsite engineer visit, simply choose one of our call out options and add £60+VAT for the test and inspection.
Alternatively, post* your device to us we will complete the inspection for £60+VAT plus return postage, packing and insurance.
*Please be sure to remove and separately pack the batteries if posting your device
In either case, any repairs or replacement parts (if required) are charged extra.
Following the test and inspection, we will advise on the equipment condition and, if appropriate, arrange for any replacements parts according to the manufacturer’s specification. We will issue a certificate to confirm what has been inspected which will include the due date for the next inspection. Please note that our inspection certificate does not provide you with efficacy risk cover in the event of your AED Defibrillator fails to perform its intended function at any time. You are advised to refer to your own insurers if you require cover for efficacy risk.
Onsite engineer test and inspection includes:-
- Pre-arranged visit
- Daily Auto Test, Start-up test and Self Test
- Enclosure, locks & latches, LED/LCD display test
- Charge indicator and readiness status test
- Instructions & labels present and correct to specification
- Speaker and volume test
- Shock advisory waveform simulation
- Auto-assistant sequence and logic test
- Shock discharge energy measurement (where possible)
- Accessories pack check
- CE compliance and validity of manufacturer’s ID
- Integrity test of electrode pad(s)
- Suitability of the electrodes/pads
- Expiry date of pad(s) and battery
- Charging Battery Voltage test (where possible)
- Record test results and log date for next inspection